Neighbourhood Offer

The aim of this Neighbourhood Offer is to make a real contribution to Broadacres strategic and housing objectives, helping to enhance community cohesion, and to give customers an opportunity to get involved in identifying and resolving issues within their local area.

We want to ensure that the communities in which we work are secure, peaceful and attractive places to live. This may involve partnership working with local councils, the police, our contractors, voluntary agencies and most importantly our customers.

Download the Neighbourhood Offer

Your responsibilities to the area around your home

On this page you can find information about your responsibilities to the area around your home. This includes:

  • Parking, paths and roads
  • Pests
  • Gardens and shared areas


Where you can park

You should not leave your vehicle on any area that is not provided for parking (or a road).

If you are parking in a communal car park or on a highway, parking is on a first come, first served basis, unless the spaces are allocated.

If you damage a grassed area, we will charge you for putting it right. You should not park your vehicle in your garden without a proper base for the car and a crossing over the footpath.

The police deal with illegally parked cars and your local council can deal with cars that are parked on footpaths.

Abandoned vehicles

Local councils are responsible for removing abandoned vehicles from the highway or nearby areas. Many councils have an online reporting system. Before a vehicle can be removed a notice must be displayed on the vehicle for up to 15 days

Footpaths and roads

Most of the footpaths and roads are the responsibility of the council. However, some areas are our responsibility, particularly roads into garage areas and footpaths across shared grassed areas.

If they are our responsibility, we will regularly check them and carry out the maintenance that is needed.

If, however, you notice any areas that are becoming dangerous, please contact us.


If you have a problem with mice, rats, wasps or other pests, either in your own home or in a shared area nearby, you will need to contact your local council’s Environmental Health Department for advice and help.

There may be a charge for this service.

Gardens and shared areas

Shared areas in blocks of flats

If you live in a block of flats with a shared entrance that leads to other flats, you must help to keep the entrance and staircase clean. You should also make sure that you do not leave any rubbish or anything which may be a fire hazard in the shared areas.

Gardens – your responsibilities

If you have your own garden, you must keep it tidy. We will regularly inspect our estates and contact tenants who don’t maintain their gardens. If you then fail to take action, we may do the work and charge you for it.

If you live in sheltered accommodation, we will maintain any open-plan gardens. If you have a fenced garden, it is your responsibility to maintain it.

Requesting permission to alter your garden.

If you want to make any changes to your garden, for example, putting up or removing a fence, you should get our permission first. In open-plan areas, you may not be able to put up fencing because of planning regulations. Please complete the form below or contact us.

Request permission to make improvements

Complete the form below to submit a request for permission to make improvement to your property.

Shared landscaped areas – our responsibilities

On estates there will be other areas of grass, shrubs, flowers, hedges and trees that we will maintain.