Together with Tenants is a national charter that aims to strengthen the relationship between customers and housing organisations.
The charter was developed by the National Housing Federation (NHF) with many housing organisations and customers from across the country, in response to the Grenfell tragedy and subsequent housing green paper
Broadacres are an early adopter of the charter. The charter contains 6 commitments which are:
- Relationships: Housing associations will treat all residents with respect in all of their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication: Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from their housing association on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organization is working to address problems, how the organization is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence: Housing associations will seek and value the views of residents, and will use this information to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by their housing association on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability: Collectively, residents will work in partnership with their housing association to independently scrutinize and hold their housing association to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality: Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- When things go wrong: Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
We encourage you as a customer to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences relating to the charter and Broadacres. This will help us identify what we are doing well and where we need to improve in relation to the charter. To enable all our customers to feedback to us at any time about the charter we have set up a secure online comments space.
If you would like to find out more about the charter please visit the National Housing Federations website: https://www.housing.org.uk/our-work/together-with-tenants/