Community Action Days offer a great opportunity to engage and make tangible differences in the communities we support. Taking the lead from our residents within the community, we aim to ensure each event is bespoke to the community it is held in. The events showcase the support available to our customers by providing free, local advice and support across a wide range of subjects. Broadacres work in partnership with local agencies and partners to ensure services are readily available to our customers. Some examples of the support available at the events are:
- Advice and guidance relating to concerns about your home or community.
- Support for applying for a home through North Yorkshire Home Choice.
- Advice and support from our in-house money advice team.
- Advice and guidance regarding Damp and Mould concerns.
- Concerns relating to environmental issues e.g: Fly tipping, communal areas etc.
- Information and support linked to making a complaint or providing feedback on our services.
- We can also make refers to other agencies for Fire safety and crime prevention advice and support.
Quote from a customer who attended the Northallerton event:
“Just wanted to say thank you to Broadacres for putting on the community day. I spoke to a lovely lady to supported me with my concerns about my rent and spoke to my sister about her housing application. I was surprised by how much Broadacres offers to its customers”.
Community Action Day Dates for 2024: